Laurastar steam irons are built cheap and nasty

Share your experience. Get it off your chest, good or bad.
Rev. Chris Roubis

Laurastar steam irons are built cheap and nasty

Postby Rev. Chris Roubis » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Stay away from a Laurastar Steam iron. They are unreliable and expensive to fix. I am an ex technician that used to work for Laurastar for the past few years.

Laurastar Steam irons are labelled Swiss made, but the internals are actually China made, yes all their internal parts come from China, then Laurastar in Switzerland stick their brand on them.

Laurastar irons constantly break down. Even the expensive high end models. The quality is the same for any model.

Even a brand new out of the box iron will have issues 60% of the time… I have replaced and repaired more Laurastar products than I have had dinners.

Laurastar iron will always need to go to a service department to be repaired constantly.

Do not think that once your iron has left Laurastar’s Service Department that it will not happen again. Their Spare parts are meant to break down, so you can bring it back.

Before you purchase one, speak to a legit owner, not a salesman or someone who is affiliated with the brand.

Do not trust those product review websites, they are filled with bogus Laurastar staff comments pretending to be happy customers, to get more sales.

if you want something that isn't already faulty from the box, won't constantly break down every few months, and you don't have to get a bank loan for one...have a look at the Philips GC8560

http://www.myshopping.com.au/ZM--121310 ... 500_SERIES
I am a Spartan by blood.. Biblical tribes Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, Dan, Naphtal, Thessalonians, Manasseh etc... were Aegean Greek semite tribes. ^:)^ You know your vibration is high when animals & children are naturally drawn to you.
✞ The "System" (Jew World Order) is crumbling ✞ https://www.jewworldorder.org (%) RENEGADE REPUBLICAN ORDER (%)

creampie

Re: Laurastar steam irons are built cheap and nasty

Postby creampie » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:02 am

Laurastar irons are still crap as ever..
Had a look at some at the goodguys the other day..
These chinese crap with a swiss label all of them belong in the bin. X(

Obviously the owners of the brand in Switzerland have still not bothered to make them more reliable, otherwise they would lose money repairing them so often.. plus convincing customers to upgrade their iron every year, brings in more money for the sales team.

Poor customers thinking they are getting a much better unit just because its brand new. :-o
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to stay silent.
Don't let Bullies and Terrorists step all over you.

Johnno

Postby Johnno » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:40 pm

My wife bought a Laurastar S6 and it was faulty straight out of the box. X(

They opened up another box in front of me, to show me that this second one that they are replacing for me works well.... only to find it had a fault also.

The sales team couldn't trust getting another box out so they decided to get the technician to fix a faulty new one for me.
Worked for 6 months.. then needed repairs again. Realized that you need to be a technician and have deep pockets to keep these units running after the warranty runs out. X(

creampie

Postby creampie » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:44 pm

Did you love the way the sales staff tell you how the unit you were choosing to buy was their best seller, and they sold 1 million of them =)) so don't worry about a few negative feedbacks on the internet :))

if you do some proper research, you will find most positive feedback comments about Laurastar irons come from their own sales team, pretending to be customers. :o)
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to stay silent.
Don't let Bullies and Terrorists step all over you.

Return to “Southern Highlands Praise or Shame”