Bowral WIRES pathetic

Pets Farm Animals in Southern Highlands
creampie

Bowral WIRES pathetic

Postby creampie » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:54 am

I rang Bowral WIRES at 8.00 pm and the lady told me to call a VET to get the ringtale possum antibiotic shot.
Bowral WIRES should never of passed the buck. This is not what they stand for.

The vet James at moss vale veterinary hospital 94 Argyle Road, Moss Vale, told me WIRES have all the equipment and carers to help. Why couldn’t Bowral WIRES be bothered to help? the Vet was so pissed off..

Anyway I was told by the vet at moss vale veterinary clinic to keep possum warm and try to feed it some honey mix in an eye dropper.
As soon as I did that, the possum started to cough and sneeze mucus from its nostrils. Then for hours after that it had problems breathing properly. (aspiration pneumonia)
http://www.makia.org.au/forum/aspiratio ... ossums.pdf

It died later while I was watching it struggle to breath for hours. I didn’t know what was wrong.
If I knew about aspiration pneumonia that I know now after looking up the problem since my possum died, I would of demanded to the vet on his after hours service to look at the little fellow.

no thank you to the Vet for telling me to feed the possum and if he takes in liquids and survives the night, then come in the morning to give him a shot. and no thank you to WIRES Bowral for not wanting to take care of the animal.

I now know I shouldn’t of given the possum liquids from the eye dropper, but I had no support from anyone.

WIRES did mention on the phone not to give it anything, but Vet said it does need liquids.... I really wish the Vet could of said, “ sure bring the little fellow over, I will put him on a intravenous drip to bring his levels of fluids back up, don’t give him anything orally as it can cause him aspiration pneumonia.

So I guess the Vet and WIRES let the little guy down.. most importantly it was WIRES from the beginning, otherwise the rest would never of happened.

Leanne from WIRES Sydney are aware of the problem and did say they will try to not let that happen again..
I hate myself for causing its death.

I've been hearing lately many unhappy stories about Bowral WIRES... sounds like someone needs re-education on what WIRES used to stand for. :-l
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to stay silent.
Don't let Bullies and Terrorists step all over you.

Return to “Farm Animals & Pets”